In the Beginning…
Jesus House New Jersey is a ministry of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), which was established in Lagos, Nigeria in 1952. The General Overseer of the church is Pastor E.A. Adeboye. This ministry has over 5000 parishes worldwide and a membership of over 1.5 million worshippers.
Our core values
- Our life’s purpose is to be like Jesus Christ: Our mission in life is to be like Christ. We seek to accomplish this by fully studying and applying the Word of God, consistent communication with Christ in prayer and worship. We aspire to live a life of holiness, modeling Christ character and purpose. Matt. 18:2-22, Phil. 3:3, 10, Galatians 4:19
- We love people unconditionally: Church is designed to be a love-filled environment, a place where people can come in and feel welcomed, loved and respected. We promote love in our midst by providing the right environment to share and experience the love of Christ. Our Call Group Ministry is where people receive love, care and share fellowship with one another. It is also a place to grow spiritually amongst people with similar life experiences, giving them the opportunity to extend that same love to others.
- Lost people matter to God, therefore they matter to us: We are a chosen and appointed people responding to the command of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to go into the entire world sharing the forgiveness and love of God. We are called to show people how to discover and experience the unique nature of God’s love and forgiveness for themselves. Matt. 28:18-20; Matt. 18:12-14; John 15:16; Luke 14:23
- We promote Unity in the Church: Unity is our strength. We desire that unity be upheld in every facet of our Church. We work together with one vision and one purpose, submitting to God and the leadership of the Church. Psalm 133; Ephesians 4:3; John 17:21-22
- The strength of our society is based on the unity of the family: The Christian family is the foundation of our Church. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages and strengthens the sanctify of marriage between a man and a woman. We promote raising Godly children through Christian parenting principles where love prevails in the home accordingly to the word of God.
We encourage single adults to engage in holy and godly courtship leading to marriage. Marriage is for life and we do not subscribe to divorce. We encourage all families in our Church to grow and walk in the fear of God. Matt. 19:5-6, Hebrews 13:4, Proverbs 22:6; 2 Corinthians 7
- Accountability to God and to one another: We are accountable to God and one another for our conduct. We value all resources, (people, time, property, and money) entrusted to our care by God. We exhibit discipline and consistency in our walk with God and living by His Word. Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 10:9; Ephesians 5:15-16; Matt. 24-45-46; 2 Corinthians 4:1.
- The way to greatness is through service: We follow Christ’s path to greatness by serving one another and our community. Good ministries provide an avenue for everyone to serve and impact our community for Christ by their actions and contributions. We encourage everybody to make themselves available for service. John 13:5-8 Matt. 5:13, Matt. 23:11; Luke 10:33:37
- Equipping people for daily living: Jesus demonstrated the importance of equipping his followers through training for daily living and service to God. Likewise, we equip ourselves through constant training which covers life teaching and the doctrines of Christ such as Baptism and Repentance etc. The training receive empowers us for daily living. Deuteronomy 4:5; Proverbs 4:4-7; John 3:2, Ephesians 4:14
- Excellence honors God and inspires people: The excellence of God’s character and hand- work is reflected on how we run our church. We strive to have every aspect of ministry done to the best of our ability. We are determined to continuously raise the standard of excellence in our worship and service to God. As such, we constantly measure, evaluate and review our effectiveness in every area of ministry.
We are committed to working together, using our unique gifts and abilities to accomplish what God has called us to do. Gen. 1:26, 31; Hebrews 11:4; Ephesians 4:16; 1 Corinthians 22:12-27
- Creativity reflects God’s nature: Everyone has the creative ability of God within them and a unique purpose to fulfill on each.
As a Church, we provide an environment that motivates and challenges people to develop, nurture and promote their God given abilities.
We challenge ourselves to think “out of the box” by continually reinventing ideas and pro- grams so that we can be relevant to our generation. We ask the “Why”, “What”, “When” and “How” questions in whatever we do to promote as we refuse to be satisfied with the status too. Genesis 1:1, 27, Psalm 19:1-3, Exodus 31:3-5
- Everyone deserves another chance: We recognize that we are ALL forgiving people and we are not perfect. Therefore, we are committed in love and humility to restore people who have backslidden or fallen into sin; leading them back to Christ as they acknowledge their wrongs, confess their faults and amend their way. We constantly emphasize that God hates sin. Galatians 6:1; Jude 1:22-23